Thursday, August 01, 2013

Sleepless in Bangkok

It is the Thai Iced Tea - milky, sweet, orange in colour and nice flavor.  I drank it during dinner and now I am wide awake.  I loved the Thai Iced Tea for it rich flavor.  Today I had two - once during lunch and another during dinner.  Now I am paying for my sin!

I had a good time walking the street.  It is so full of life and clogged with tourists from Hong Kong, China and Taiwan.  A Taiwanese group of 3 sat beside my table and watch what I ordered and then ordered the same papaya salad with salted eggs.  When my fried minced prawn in popiah skin came, I offered for them to try.  I am glad to share as I have the same habit of watching what other tables have and orders what I think looks good.

Bangkok is a nice city to visit.  Great food and polite people.  Only complain is visit is always short.  In Siam Paragon, many shops sell expensive toys like BMW, B&W sound systems and other high end audio equipment.  Obviously, many Thai have expensive tastes.  The economy must be doing well.

No comments: