Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Teresa Teng

On the flight recently, the Kris World has a new category, Stage Performance.  Teresa Teng 15th anniversary concert in Taiwan and broadcast to mainland China live.  I like to the evergreen love songs and watch the performance several times.  Her singing is so good and a joy to listen.  I like classics.  I do not appreciate the Xin Yao or modern songs.  So my other favorite singers are Yu Tian and Fei Yu Qing. 

Considering I am a kentang (potato), I like Chinese orchestra, Erhu, Flute and the Chinese pop songs.  Many of my friends think I am a confused person.  Saddling on two cultures, poor in written Chinese but listening to traditional Chinese orchestra.  My neighbour was surprised one afternoon at the poolside to learn that I enjoyed listening to Hokkien songs by Yu Tian.  She is in the management committee which I chaired and feel my English is so good that I would be inferior in other languages.  What a surprise for her!

Back to Teresa, I bought a 8 CD sets in Popular and found the songs are not as good as the songs in the concert.  So I must look for the dvd.  Teresa Teng died at the age of 42 after asthma attack while on holiday in Chiangmai with her French boyfriend.  Her songs are with us forever.

No comments: