Saturday, July 13, 2013

Lousy Flight Time For SQ in Haneda

I have wake up at 4am to catch my flight home.  The timing is ridiculous.  No limosine bus is running at that time.  Taxi fare is about 8,000 yen to Haneda airport.  Luckily I found a cheaper alternative of monorail.  The cab fare is 1,200 yen plus 470 yen for monorail ride total savings is 6,000 yen.  I understand the poor timing is given by Haneda airport and Japanese Government as they are afraid of competition for JAL.

This information change my perspective and I am now sympathetic instead of sour mood.  I understand in the beginning of flights to Haneda, SQ is usually at 50% load.  Then the monorail schedules were adjusted and today the flight is full for both business and economy class.  I was lucky that the flight stewardess is warm and nice.  She spend time to explain to me and also make sure I am comfortable.

I could not sleep on the plane and the lack of sleep cause my stomach to be queasy.  Home is nice and cool compared to Tokyo.  I understand from my neighbour that the news reported some Japanese died due to the heat.  I also thought I had good control as I did not eat breakfast.  But my weight did not go down.  I have to work hard to reduce.  I am looking forward to have dinner with my nieces, so dieting will have to wait...

No comments: