Friday, May 24, 2013

Anniversary of Buddha's Enlightenment

Today is the day of Buddha's Enlightenment.  Full moon tonight.  We went to the Queens Street Goddess of Mercy Temple.  It is so crowded.  Throngs for people go to offer their prayers.  Actually, it was B3 who asked are we going to pray before we do our outing last night.  So coming to the temple is our first priority and thing to do.  Judging from the crowd, it is all other Buddhists' first call of the day too!

I like Buddhism.  We just go to the temple to offer our prayers and get our blessings.  This time B2 and B3 donated on their own.  I am happy to donate too.  It is more blessed to give!   After prayers, we have brunch in Food Junction at Bugis Mall.  Then mummy was intrigued by the BHG members only day.  I was tired of buying more stuff and increasing my carbon footprint.  So I go the the coffee shop beside the temple to drink my teh-C.  The vegetarian stall had a huge queue.  Many patrons come and go on the tables beside us(B3 decided to follow me).  I noticed mostly mature women and some young women all eating alone.  There are men who ate veg too but they are far fewer than women folks.  The men are more mature aka 50+.

I am glad to make a trip just to pray even though we go to Bugis every Saturday for B2 and B3's tuition.  Goddess of Mercy has steadfastly help us to go through thick and thin. 

No comments: