Monday, April 22, 2013

Travelling back into Time

I am at Ambassador Resort just outside Pattaya.  The room is pretty spartan.  No internet access as well in the room.  I have access only in the business center and lobby.  Reminds me of travelling in the 80's.  Check-in into hotel.  First business is to go to business center for faxes and check if there are any call from office.  It is the same in Pattaya.  Connection to outside world is through a portal(business center).

Entertainment options are back to yore days.  There is a gigantic swimming pool (sadly, I will not get to use), the sandy beach and swimming in the open sea.  The English TV channel is limited too.  Only CNN.  I get the huge coverage on Boston bombing. 

Other than a little boring, it is a very nice place.  Plenty of Russian tourists and price is very reasonable.  Life is back to the good old days.

No comments: