Monday, March 25, 2013

Instead of Reading, Writing

I feels that my interest seem to be changing.  I love to read a lot a lot.  I still do read everything that come into my line of sight.   But I am writing more too.  In Bras Basah Complex, the books that interest me are the blank paper books and exercise books.  I looked for different books where I can fill the empty pages instead of reading them.

I need to keep a journal of my thoughts, ideas that come to my mind, put my worries to paper, experience on the road and observations of life in general.  It is interesting to read what I had written in the past.  Even my youngest boy asked me to read it aloud before bedtime when he was younger.  I also need to keep up with developing my right brain by drawing based on the method by Betty Edwards.

My daily blog is about my life and what is significant to me.  It also boring because I am not a famous guy.  Then I have notebooks which I keep for my business meetings.  I also use the notebooks to record random thoughts and observations on the train or at a cafe.

I realise as I am getting older and need to leave behind a legacy.  Blog is a good way for my kids and friends to access whenever and wherever they feel like.  Journals allows me to keep private thoughts and worries.  I am a written word person.  My photos are not frequent or consistent even though picture can speak more than 1000 words.

Writing also helps in stress relief.  After I write down my worries, I feel better as my worries are captured and I need not keep thinking about them.  Once they are written down, I feel I can refer back anytime and therefore need not keep them top of my mind.

Writing does has its benefits!

No comments: