Saturday, March 09, 2013

Crowded in MBS, Crowded in MRT

IT fair is on and we had to upgrade from 10 mbps to fiber optics 200 mbps.  So we go to the Singtel booth and it was so noisy.  Loud announcements blare out all the time.  The crowd was huge.  Everyone trying to get a good deal.  Many comes with a trolley and bring back big items by hand.  It is a gigantic Sales. 

I had a friend coming to visit.  He arrived at the airport in late afternoon.  Since B3 had tuition, I do not have the car.  He want to see MBS.  It is funny.  I do not go MBS as it is just so expensive for anything especially food and today I go to MBS twice.  Taking train is an interesting experience for me.  I learned the Circle line is not a circle.  I also learn there are split ending and so you have to watch out to know exactly where your train is heading.  Also the train will stop in the middle of the line (Tai Seng) everyone has to get out and wait for the next train to continue the journey.

On a Saturday afternoon and non-peak travel time, there are so many people taking train.  It is so crowded.  Now all the gripes about the train service become real for me.  The politicians do not take trains.  So they will never have any empathy.  It is easy to give advice -  "Be patient, we will fix the issue."  When you are fighting with the crowds, the perspective is so clear and so emotional.  It is a pack rat society. 

No comments: