Sunday, March 03, 2013

B1 ORD!

It seems like a non-event for B1.  When you are enlisted in the military, the first thing you do is to surrender your identity card and get a green card.  So on the day of your ORD or operationally ready date, you exchange your green IC(identity card) with the red and you are now a civilian and considered operationally ready.  Last Friday, March 1st, B1 ORD.  During my time, the term is ROD.  I like ROD!  It mean run out date.  This means the army run out of time to torture us.  We are happy to get out.  Now, they tell you that you are operationally ready and therefore they can called you anytime for war.  ROD sounds so much better in my opinion.

For B1, after he get his "freedom", he went to visit his girlfriend who is in NTU.  He came home only at 5:30pm.  He did not seem elated at all.  I guess it is a non-event.  I just returned from Tokyo.  Now he is meeting his classmates for dinner.

I am glad one more chapter has closed for him.  Now our family next chapter is B2's enlistment which will be in a couple of years.  I hope he go in Air Force.  Air Force, I believe is a lot better than the army.

No comments: