Thursday, January 24, 2013

Reader's Digest

I read a copy of the latest issue of Reader's Digest.  Guess what?  It is about happiness.  Happiness is a hot topic.  Simple recommendation like spending on others will make you happier.  It does not matter the amount.  The research is done by giving two groups of people $5 and $20.  Within each group the subjects are randomly select to use the money to buy something for themselves or buy something for someone else.  Two hours later, they are survey for their happiness level.  The result show the group buying something for others is happier.  There is no statistical difference for those who had $5 and those who spent $20. 

It's so easy.  This is why I donate regularly.  It is a good booster of my happiness level although I did not know this fact until recently.  I was donating to acquire good merits...

No comments: