Saturday, January 12, 2013

Pursuit of Happiness

Even January issue of Asian's Reader Digest featured Happiness.  Happiness is a pastime many pursue beside me.  The key suggestion of 3 gratitudes everyday is mention.  Consumer of Happiness must create Happiness.  I like this concept of making others happy.  It is interesting that Singaporeans in a strange land like IGI Airport is still very unfriendly.  Maybe they are travelling in group and feels unnecessary to return a smile.  However, I am not impressed.   For me, I always smile at people first.  Many do return my smiles, ang moh and Malays are warmer than Singaporean Chinese.  Singaporean Chinese seems suspicious and unfriendly.  They make it downright clear we are strangers to each other and prefer it that way.

I do says hello to some regulars in the PCN.  They are usually the older men.  Maybe older men feels they have nothing to lose to greet or return greetings of strangers.  For me, being friendly to each other is a way to increase our happiness.

No comments: