Saturday, January 05, 2013

Freshly Roasted Roast Duck

After I send B3 for his tuition in the afternoon, I had to figure out what to do for dinner as B1's girlfriend is coming over.  Since I am on the way back through McDonald in the AMK Park, I detoured to buy roast meat for dinner.  There were a few roast ducks hanging up on the display rack.  The Hong Kong proprietor was chopping up soya sauce chicken.   There was half a chicken left and I ordered takeaway.  The price is ok at $10 for half.  The roast duck is $36 for one and $18.50 for half.  After my chicken was chopped and packed, the proprietor split one of the roast duck into two and strong steam emitted out from it.  Looks fresh!  So I asked if the ducks were just out of the oven and the owner says "Yes!  You can see for yourself!"

As duck is my favorite bird, I decided to buy one complete bird.  I told him not to chop it up as I intend to cut it up myself.  My boys like it when I cut it up the duck without any bones.  I used the bones to make soup.   B1 keeps saying how good this duck tastes.  It is one of the best he ate.

I really enjoys my family enjoying the fruits of my labour even though I was not the one who cooked the roast duck, I did spent an hour painstaking cutting it up as it was very hot and juicy.

Now I know where to get the duck my boys loved.

No comments: