Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Buzzing Airport

B1's flight lands close to midnight in Terminal One.  We went there to pick him up.  The airport is buzzing with people.  It is so crowded and full of people.  We were early and look for F&B(food and beverage joints) to pass time.  Starbucks are very popular and so is the traditional style coffeeshop.  I had laksa and teh-C.  Customers keeping coming and going.  So the business is good.  Looking at the tourist arrival and number of Singaporeans travelling, the lifestyles has changed.

The first time I took an airplane was when I am 24 years old.  My kids are flying since they were born.  Now, B1 flew on his own with the money he earns from temp job in DBS and army allowance.  During my time, I could not afford to fly on my army allowance.  The cost of travel i.e. ground and airfare cost so much more than what I earn and save.  Today, the airfare has come down substantially.  Plenty of low cost hotel as well.  Yes, during my time it is only the YMCA.  Other low cost hotels or rooms are in seedy places.

Today, the kids have plenty of exposure and experience.  Life is so different and so competitive.  The world is evolving and changing.

No comments: