Sunday, December 16, 2012

Travelling Salesman

I am beginning to feel like a travelling salesman of yore days.  I am going to Taipei for business.  I bring along samples, sample packs and catalogs.  The proverbial salesman always carry a bag with all the presentation and information about the products he is selling.  Wherever and whenever I go, I always carry the tools of my trade.

I have to make calls on customers and potential customers.  Explained the benefits of my products and service and entice my customers to buy more or prospect(potential customer) to buy. 

A salesman has a lonely job.  He travels alone.  He is social animal, he is warm and make friends easily.  He has integrity and win trust from people.  He is ambitious and driven.  He will want to do more and sell more. 

There are two types of salesmen - the farmer and the hunter.  The farmer grow his sales by taking good care of his customers.  The hunter look for big projects and close them.  To be successful, a good salesman must have skills and temperament to be a farmer and hunter.

No comments: