Friday, October 05, 2012

Music to My Ears

Instead of TV and all the news on US Presidential Elections, I take a break and play Yu Tian's album on my Bose system.  It has been long time since I used it. The remote control no longer works as the battery are totally drained and leaking. 

It is Long Su Xia that I like to listen to.  Then the other songs Yu Tian sang are not bad too.  It is just old Chinese songs and amazingly I begin to like them more and more.  I do not know why.  I used to listened to instrumental and English oldies.  I have been listening to the portable and Bose is totally different experience.  The sound is so much more vibrant and music more encompassing as it surround my room.  The atmosphere is different.

Today is Children's Day, so B3 has no school.  He has a birthday party in Garden Vista.  They went to Tott's to bake cookies.  After cookies, we had to pull him out for his tuition in Learning Labs.  Learning Labs is enormously expensive and we cannot afford to skip. 

It is the first time we bought the cordycep chicken and bought soup with it.  The chicken tastes the same.  The soup is fabuous as my wife is a fantastic cook when it comes to soup.  She is Cantonese and has strong beliefs that soup is the cure-all for many ailments.

Time for my 3 gratitudes.

1.  B2 is doing well in his part-time business
2.  B3 has improved in his Chinese
3.  We had a happy dinner.  B2 and B3 were laughing happily.

No comments: