Saturday, August 04, 2012

What is the best course of action to take?

We are living in a tiny estates of 20 families.  It is like a kampong and not without problems.  Some of the kids play together while other kids are confine to themselves or restricted by their parents from playing with the kids in the estate.

The reason I talk about kids is we are in a dilemma.  There is a unit empty and the shoes of one neighbours keeping appearing even though no one lives there.   My wife thought it was spooky.  I told her ghosts or spirits have no ability to move physical objects like shoes.  Of course I did not tell her about in the movies, they do. 

We went out after dinner to buy hami melon which B3 requested as it is very sweet and they are on special in Fairprice.  When we returned, a pair of shoes appeared again.  She was sure the shoes were not there when we went out.  I told her we have installed cameras through the car park and so will be able to catch whoever did this mischief.  I want to come to the computer to surf the net and blog.  But my wife is so curious and I have to go with her to review the footage.  We saw the culprit in the act.

My natural instinct is to go the parents to inform them about this mischief.  My wife insisted I should not as I may offend them.  Other neighbours used indirect approach to send message about our kids.  I am not sure if this is the best way as most of the time there is no clear idea what actually happen or if there is a behaviour issue, what it is. 

This neighbour was given the feedback when another neighbour saw her son smoking and spitting into the swimming.  Her reaction was "you must let kids do what they want!"  So the neighbour(I shall called her J) who reported the behaviour to the mum was in a state of shock.  Yes, the boy acquired tattoos all over his body sometimes later.  Now, the younger sister is doing mischief.  I am at loss.  Doing what I consider a good deed may not be viewed by the parents in a friendly manner. 

So it is best to keep quiet about it?  Or should I tell the victim and let the victim take action with the parent of the girl who did the mischief?  Is there other better ways to deal with this situation?  Now, I am not sure what is the best course of action to take?

No comments: