Sunday, July 08, 2012

Panic!!

I just heard reports from my mother-in-law that the nurse in the CTICU called her to go to ICU.  So far, the nurses only chase us out.  Keep telling us that patient need to rest while they keep waking the patient up.  She panic and rush to the ICU. 

There she found out that the nurse was scolded by my father-in-law.  He is hungry and want to eat food of his choice.  Phew!  She thought something bad happens as this morning she was very worried as my FIL heart beat went up again.  We happened to meet the surgeon and he explained to us that 40% of the patients do get AT (atrial tachycardia).  This is not good but it is not life threatening.  VT or ventricular tachycardia will be more dangerous.  The surgeon ordered warfarin and potassium.  It takes a while for his heart to drop.  But it is going down after more than an hour. 

Back to the panic call... my FIL was upset he has no food for 5 days.  He asked the nurse for 3-in-1.  I thought 3-in-1 is the popular coffee mix where you add hot water to get a thick and strong coffee with cream and sugar.  No 3-in-1 is coffee, kaya butter toast and soft boiled eggs.  This is the traditional kopitiam breakfast set.  It is very popular in Ah Kun and Toastbox.  He scolded the nurse. And the nurse called my mother-in-law to pacify him.

I think he is on the road to recovery...

No comments: