Tuesday, July 17, 2012

15 Biggest Malls in the World

Yahoo just published the list of the 15 biggest malls in the World.  I made a count and I have been to 9 of the 15!  It is the new malls in China that I have not been and those in Middle East or Bangladesh. 

I love malls.  I hangs around malls on all my trips.  Those in Manila - SM Megamall, Mall of Asia and SM City.  Those in KL - 1 Utama, Sunway Pramid, Mid-Valley and Times Square Bejaya.  I went to the Edmonton Mall when it was the biggest in the world and stayed in the theme hotel there before it was dethroned.  In Bangkok, Central World.

I usually frequent the bookshops in the malls.  Philippines is the National Book store.  My favorite is Borders and  Kinokuniya.  But Kino is only in the Twin Towers.  In Bangkok, it is Page One and BS or something.  In terms of breadth and range of books, Kino in Takashimaya is still the best.

The other things about malls is it is fun just to walk around and do window shopping.  I hardly buy anything except for books.  I try not to increase my carbon footprint.  I usually minimise my material acquisition.  I remember Edmonton Mall was so big that they have two of everything.  I think Canadians run out of ideas for retails.  Most of the shops are franchised.  Whereas in Asia, there are many quiky shops.  Retail therapy can be relaxing and fun.  There are deals to be had.  Many different types of cuisines in the resturants.  Choice of cafes and desserts.  Ah!  It is a good way to pass time.

No comments: