Thursday, May 17, 2012

Morning Walk

I woke up early and the sky is bright.  Yes, in spring getting up early makes the saying "bright and early" so literally true!  From my room I noticed a green patch in the middle of the concrete jungle and took a walk there.  It is a garden and smells so good.  I love the smell of the woods.  It reminds me of Canada.  The garden is all fenced up.  I tried looking for the entrance.  But gave up.  I think the city want to limit access to prevent human activities from damaging the plants.  I saw a family walking inside.  The garden has a number of closed circuit cameras.  So security is fairly tight.

After visiting the garden, I went to the Goddess of Mercy Temple opposite the hotel to offer my prayers.  Buddha's birthday is coming soon, end of this week, I believe.  So the temple is decorated and preparations are underway to welcome the flood of devotees this weekend.

No comments: