Thursday, May 10, 2012

Happiness Research

Looked like Positive Psychology is a hot subject to do research on.  Many literatures are on happiness.  There is even a shelf just for books on Happiness.  I like the videos by TED.  The message is succinct and clear.  I am practising some of the exercises.  One of which is daily gratitude which I did as long as I could, which is maybe 3 weeks.  I am happier to thank for the good things I received or experienced.  Buying Happiness is so easy.  Buying Starbucks for others can give you a happiness kick.

When team members given money buy gifts for each other, the team performance improved and outperformed those who given money to buy gifts for themselves.  The team in my previous workplace was small.  However, we did charity drive, visited home for abandoned kids and also celebrate our success by buying meals for team member's family.  No wonder the team performance is much better then the other teams.  I am proud that intuitively we did the right things to improve performance of our team.

No comments: