Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Buying Happiness

In TED, the talk on buying happiness is good.  It is true as I experience it myself i.e. buying happiness.  We all can buy happiness.  We just buy things for others.  We donate the money.  The experiments showed that almost everywhere on Earth, where people use money on someone else instead of themselves, they become happpier.  If they buy things for themselves, their happiness level did not change.

I know why I am happy now.  I do errands for my wife and boys all the time.  B1 always frustrates me by not respecting my time and will always make me wait for him when I am ready to go out.  B2 is very appreciative of me sending him or picking him up from school.  B3 likes to cause trouble to me.  I enjoys buying foods they like. 

It is good to be happy.  For happiness, buy and do things for others.  We sponsored 5 kids on the World Vision and have done this for years.  It is nice to receive cards from the kids once a year.  Yes, happiness can be purchased!!!

No comments: