Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Beef Steaks!



We rarely cooked beef.  When Carrefour has special or sale, we would buy minced beef for spaghetti or flank steak for stir-fry.  In my most recent trip to US, I stayed in a friend's house.  He cooked beef steaks for me using his smoker bbq stove.  I watched how he season the meat, setup the stove, monitor the temperature and then cooked the beef steaks.  The meat is delicious.  He even gave me the meat thermometer. 

We were at ION on Sunday, I was browsing around Three-Sixty...I saw theTV ads about all the fine foods it carry.  The butcher saw me and asked me to stay.  He cooked some samples of Angus Beef for me to try.  It was very tender.  I told him I will wait for my boys to come and try.  They liked it too.  So we bought a piece of Ribeye steak home to cook.  It is the first time for me to buy an expensive steak home to cook.  Usually, we eat beef at a steakhouse.  The experience of eating delicious home-cooked beef and watching my friend cooking the steaks give me the courage and impetus to cook beef steaks myself.

I must say the Ribeye steak I cooked was very good.  The meat was tender.  I recalled DS who said it is easy to cook when the meat is good.  I agree. DS was the leader of the CRM project which I was a in when I was working in Canada.

Will be cooking more ribeye, sirloin and flank steak in future...

No comments: