Monday, April 30, 2012

Kitchen Failure

My first attempt at salt-baked chicken ended in failure.  We have to microwave the chicken after we take it out of the hot salt.  I was trying to cook minimally to ensure tenderness.  What I got instead is undercooked chicken.  The other issue is the chicken was frozen and will requires longer time to cook.  I should have take into account this.  The salt baked sweet potatoes and yams are quite good.

I am disappointed with my poor showing.  My wife insisted to microwave the chicken.  It was a big chicken and straight out of the freezer.  I felt awful and sorry for myself:(

Tomorrow is a holiday.  I may try to cook the salt-baked chicken again.  Or maybe the laksa from Prima Taste is easier.  It comes in a kit form and just follow the instructions.   The result is always consistent and good.

No comments: