Saturday, February 25, 2012

Sleepless in Singapore

I am up at 5am this morninng. So it is off to morning tea in the market. The wet market is full of activities and many hawkers have started operation. A few 24 hour shops beside 7-Eleven, Indian coffeeshop, Shop N Save are opened but not busy. The fishmongers are preparing their fishes for display and butchers are cutting up their meat. Green grocers have their fresh greens neatly placed.

Many are up as there are quite a few customers drinking or having breakfast. I wonder if they are like me, waking up early or just finishing their work. In a big city, there are so many people with all kinds of occupationa and the city ticks 24 hours anyway.

Day is starting to break. I bet there are plenty of weekend joggers in the PCN. So the city will be bustling with people going about with their daily business - tuition, shopping, meals, or simply taking it easy and relax like what I like to do.

No comments: