Sunday, February 26, 2012

Great Morning

6:30am is not too early to wake up. Best of all, Sunday Times has arrived. So I go to my favorite Teh Halia stall (because price is at S$1 per cup rather than S$1.20 in Chomp Chomp or Jalan Kayu) in Ang Mo Kio Avenue 10. I had a plain thosai as well.

The advantage of being a regular is everything is custom-made for me. My teh-halia is not too sweet. My thosai is nicely brown and crusty instead of the usual soft and thick. Usually in order to get a brown and crunchy thosai, you have to order a "paper" style. Paper Thosai is huge and cost $3.50. I like my economy version. This morning my breakfast set cost a total of two Sin dollars. Not bad except I will be feeling hungry as a bear soon.

I like the front page on the Opening of the PCN, Sengkang Loop. Deputy Prime Minister, Teo Chee Hean says plans are on the way to link up all the loops and make it an islandwide cycling path. It will be a two days ride and there will be a place for camping overnight. Punggol Sengkang PCN is the 4th to be opened and is the most scenic. I agree but after riding so many times, at least twice a day for me, the scenes get a little stale. I am looking for more connections. I know I can now cycle to Pasir Park. It will be fun to cycle to more places.

No comments: