Sunday, January 22, 2012

Vegetarian Reunion

Last night, we had our reunion dinner with my in-laws. My parent-in-laws are vegetarian, we had a vegetarian Yusheng and a vegetarian steamboat. All the siblings gather around the dining table to talk. My wife is the key speaker. She is better than "Lee Tai Shaw" the Famous Story Teller of Reddifusion of yore days.... Her siblings were very attentive as she regale tales of her friends stories. She had them in stitches on the dirty and smelly toilets. She tell them in such a comical and expressive way that everyone could not help but laugh.

I am thinking she may become a successful standup comic. Meanwhile, I was tucking in freshly fried cashew nuts, durians from Paya Lebar, boiled vegetables and a wide range of vegetarian "I don't what". There are mock everything but I have no idea what is the ingredient. It could be beans or gluten or some mysterious foodstuff.

No comments: