Sunday, January 22, 2012

Peng Cai

Reunion dinner. Luckily, B1's duty was yesterday. I went to pick him at 6:30am. He was lucky. The Indian who took over his duty came at 7am as promised. So after handover and changing to civy, he was out by 7:30am. We reached home in good time by 8am. I had to wait for him at a coffeeshop just after Chestnut Drive for about half an hour.

Back home, we go to NTUC to buy groceries for Chu Yi and Chu Er (Day 1 and Day 2) of Chinese New Year. My sisters and their daughters and sons will be visiting us on Chu Yi afternoon. My brother and his daughters will be come on the morning of Chu Er.

We had our reunion dinner, just our three boys and us. We had Peng Cai from a resturant in Smith Street. It is the first time for us to try out this dish and it was excellent. Just one claypot dish and it is a complete meal for 5. The food is all cooked and quick frozen. All we have to do is to heat the sauce and add it to the pot and then put the pot on low heat and serve. It takes a long time to thaw and heat the food mind you but it is worth it! We bought this Peng Cai in Takashimaya basement two. It was kind of expensive. But I thought it is about time to try something new instead of the traditonal steamboat. I am glad we tried. The food was great. There are abalone, chicken wings, braised pork belly, fish maw, sea cucumber, prawns, lotus root and plenty of cabbage. The only thing is the claypot cracked and we have to throw it away after our meal. I think I will get this dish again for future reunion dinners.

Money does buy happiness...

No comments: