Friday, December 16, 2011

Strikes

Yesterday, there is bus strike and today, train strike. Living in Singapore for so long, it is easy to forget strikes is illegal or not encouraged as the head of the unions is a cabinet minister. There are plenty of tourists whose itinenaries are disrupted. Most are going to the outlet malls. So the strikes are damaging the local shops and businesses.

The people manning the Florence bus station are very unfriendly and rude in their response to our queries. Italy is a country unfriendly to non-Italian. There very few signs in English or any other language. Some men are confrontional. The coffee is cheap and good. Some pizza taste heavenly. As I pen down my impression, I can understand why Singapore as a country is highly rated. Without comparsion, it is easy to complain and focus on shortcomings. I would say Italy is not a country I like to experience living in.

No comments: