Monday, November 21, 2011

Overrated?

Trying out something featured on the newspaper can bring disappointment. I tried the Drip Coffee in Tiong Bahru as it was featured on Sunday Times. The cafe is fairly hip. Coffee price looks reasonable until my latte arrived. The size is petite. Chocolate chips cookies cost $5.50 for 100 grams or 8 pieces size of 50cent coin. Maybe my expectations are set too high since it is on the national newspaper. The latte tasted ok.

I always like to try hawker stalls featured on Straits Times. It is an adventure to go to different place to experience cheap and good dining. This also allow me to explore what the different HDB neighbourhood offers. It also give me nostalgia. Oh! yes, I forgot! Not all the hawker stalls featured are better in taste.

No comments: