Saturday, September 10, 2011

Old-Style Kopitiam

Sometimes we run out of ideas of where to go for meals. Luckily, every week Sunday Times will come up with a list of recommendation. I would tear out those that looked interesting to explore. One was on the old-style kopitiam. For lunch we try out the Warong at 738 North Bridge Road. I thought it will be ok since we are going to be there early. This is a place I know! I came here several times in the past. Long long past. I guess the good old kopitiam is a classic. The place was busy. There are still seats and we ordered mutton rendang, curry chicken, fried eggs, fried hard boiled eggs, deep fried fish fillet, fried potato cutlet and pickles.

The food was good and excellent value at $28.40 with 4 drinks. My wife loved the curry chicken which is their signature dish. B3 like the rendang and B1, B2, and I just finished up everything. Mmmm, yummy, yummy yum yum!

After lunch, we took a walk around Kampung Glam. We have missed a huge selection of resturants which we should try by coming here more often. Before we go, we bought swiss rolls from the cake shop. This rolls cost $6 to $7, rather expensive and taste not bad. It just bad for weight and heart.

No comments: