Friday, July 08, 2011

Will

I spoke to my mother now living in Canada to ask her to convince my brother to do a Will. His condition is not good and it is best he made his wishes known in case anything happen. Discussing death and dying is a sensitive topic. My sisters and mother are very conservative and superstitious. They are avoid this topic and it is hard work for me. I have no idea why people are afraid of facing their mortality and do not make plans so that their wishes can be carried out rather than have the survivors fighting or criticising the way things are handled or feeling the outcome is unfair.

My mother also feel she need to do her own will as well. So this is a good start. I do not know if my brother will draw up his will. Although he does not have much to his name, I feel it is important he make it clear what are his wishes.

No comments: