Monday, July 11, 2011

Scenario Planning

I am reading The Art of the Long View I bought 4 years ago. I read a couple of chapters and stop. Now I am continuing with the book and I find lots to learn from Peter Schwartz.

I like this part that I will reproduce vebatim.

"Articulating the decision should also focus on events where you have no control. "What if I choose to quit my job?" is not an appropriate question for a scenario. You can change the scenario simply by changing your decision. You cold ask, instead, "What events would plausibly happen that might influence me to quit?" Or, "Under what circumstances might I lose my job?""

It is important to ask the right questions. I realised I have not been asking the right questions on future of my business and my work. I will be spending time to reflect, think and mull over how to achieve the impossible goal now my company expects.

No comments: