Sunday, July 03, 2011

Passing Out Parade

It is the first time I go into the Floating Platform of the Marina Bay. I have not gone to any National Day Parade. This morning is different. My boy is passing out from his Basic Miltary Training. All the trainees have to do a 20 km road march the night before with FBO or Full Battle Order. This mean rifle and the back pack with all the essential gears. It is heavy, very heavy. All our poor sons have to do this arduous walk just before they pass out. So much about 3G army and thinking soldiers. The march is more than 20 kms exhausting all the boys so that they cannot think anymore except to obey orders.

After the BMT roars which is funny and impressive, it is the National Anthem and they are dismissed. The whole place is smells of sweat and strong body odours. The boys are sweating like a pig and no chance to clean up or shower.

B2 was there to support his brother. He had a hard time waking up. After we returned home for lunch, he slept through the afternoon until dinner time. B3 changed his mind about going when he has difficulty waking up.

After a nice Japanese lunch at Itacho Sushi Resturant, B1 meet up with his bunk mates just to bond together outside the camp. The food in Itacho Sushi is quite high standard. It is more pricey than Sakae or Sushi Tei. All three boys enjoyed the meal. B1 was worried that it is too expensive and I told him not to worry. I explained to my boys as my siblings are diagnosed with medical problems, I want to enjoy my life before I "go". It is shocking to have two sisters with cancer, thankfully both are still alive and well. And now my brother with serious heart condition.

I am exercising regularly but still do not control my diet. I ate unhealthy food like deep fried fritters, pork lard in noodles, bak kut teh, braised internal organs, bacon, roasted pork belly and all kinds of artery clogging food including plenty of rich desserts.

So I may be the next candidate to go to hospital. Sigh! I need to face up and change my diet. Otherwise, I will be staring into death.

No comments: