Thursday, July 14, 2011

Effective NParks Staff

I was cycling on the Punggol PCN or park connector network as usual when I saw a fellow cyclist trying to fix a support pole for a tree. I can see that she is struggling as it is impossible to drive the pole in. So I stopped to help out. She says it is ok she will get the contractor to fix it. She says she works for NParks. I was a little surprised. She is in full cycling gear - helmet, cycling pants, even sleeves to protect her arms from the sun. Whoa! What a great job she has. Cycling for work and with it a host of benefits - keeping healthily fit, enjoying great outdoor, breathing fresh air and encountering wildlife.

She was on her way to a meeting in Punggol Marina and I am in the same direction. So we cycle together and I showed her where I sighted a metre and half black cobra and other juvenile snakes and also let her know where the lights are not turned on. Before we part company, she asked for my email to send me the newsletter. I was surprised the email arrived in the evening. She has kept her words! (I still have a healthy skepticism towards government employees). She also informed me that the lights will be fixed by the next day i.e. yesterday. I cycle on the PCN tonight and all the lights are back on.

NParks is committed to excellence and making things happen. Kudos to Trina.

No comments: