Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Body Found in Forest

We do not really have forest in Singapore. We do have patches of green and they have thick undergrowth that allows dead body to be disposed and not to be found. Skeletal remains found near Tanah Merah MRT station. It is in the news about bad smell was detected but no one suspect it to be decomposing human corpse.

Reading this news, I have concerns about the bad smells along the PCN near to the end toward Punggol Marina. I decide to call the emergency line, 999 to report my concerns. AMK Central Police Station called me right away to verify. Then SengKang Police Station and tell me they will informed PUB even though I informed the officer that it did not come from the water. PUB called me in the late afternoon and ask me about the location. I cycled to Anchorvale Sport Complex to meet the officer who arrived by boat. I took the ride with them and brought them to the location. After cycling along the way, I managed to detect the exact spot which is Lamp 167 and Lamp 168. I brought the officers there and they could smell but they think it is a rat. I told them it is not possible to be a rat. I know the smell of dead rats. Then they tell me it is a small mammal common in the nature reserve. They will fill out their report and send it to NParks for the investigation as the area is outside their jurisdiction.

No comments: