Saturday, June 11, 2011

Early to Rise

Saturday morning. I woke up early. It is dark, so cycling is not a good idea. So I decided to go to the market and see beside the grocery stalls what else have started to operate their business. Armed with newspapers for the past three days, I go to the market in AMK Ave 10. The coffee stall is opened. I was surprised. So I asked what time do they start. They actually open at 4am. Now I found another place to go if I am sleepless.

A lot of the food stalls are ready and serving food. Business in this market has improved over the years. It must be due to the renewal of the surrounding. New flats which are much higher mean denser living and more people. Construction and factories nearby have increase the number of workers. Everywhere is Singapore is getting more and more crowded.

Reading the past few days papers, the most important issue is still flooding. Orchard Road is flooded again. A picture of the Minister for Water and Resource surveying the damage in Market Place. Cabinet Ministers are visible nowadays whenever there is a photo opportunity. The message is clear. Vote for Opposition and the government will show they are working. This is politics. It may be just dog and pony show. It may be real. Next General Elections I hope more opposition get voted in. This only way the Singapore Government will improve. Otherwise, it is just reading a report in the Parliament rather than MBWA or management by walking about.

No comments: