Thursday, May 12, 2011

Fridays with Philip Lee

I pick up this book on Monday at MPH when I was in KL. It is a series of articles published by Philip Lee in Streats, the now defunct free newspaper. I remember waiting early in the morning at Toa Payoh Central for the arrival of the papers every morning 8 or 9 years ago. It was very popular and I always enjoyed reading it. We were living in Oleander Towers then.

Philip Lee grew up in Penang and lived in England before settling down in Singapore. I enjoyed the articles as it is easy read and interesting. The content is local i.e. Singaporean issues and on wide ranging topics. It brought back memories for me. I finished reading the book in two days. Right now I am working through a Creativity book by YKK, a local Malaysian author. Malaysia does has a lot of talent. Pity many have left for greener pasture out of the country.

No comments: