Sunday, February 06, 2011

Surprised Visitors

My wife's good friend and her family drop by for dinner. It was a short notice like an hour. They have planned to meet anyway but it was supposed to be yesterday. I was cycling halfway and was recalled to buy food. Anyway, we ate and ate. The girls like our food especially the younger girl who loves the kailan stem. I am very happy to see the girls who behaves well and is very polite and responsive. They also engages in our conversation. I really enjoys their company. They make me wish I have daughters. My boys are great. I loved them very much and they are well behaved. I feels girls are more empathetic and will spend the time to care for others. I have seen the girls from the time they are babies to now teenagers. They have grown up and doing extremely well academically. Both are in RI or Raffles Institution. My classmates' kids and my wife's classmates kids are all in RI. I should have allowed my wife to be a tiger mum instead of shielding my boys for hardwork! I am not a good parent to keep telling my wife to let my boys have a good time as they are only a kids for short time. Now that all my classmates' kids are in Raffles, I realise I am the one making a mistake. No time for regrets...now I am encouraging my boys to work hard and study. Hopefully, it is not too late.

No comments: