Monday, February 28, 2011

B1 and B2

I was at the poolside when B2 returned home and he sat beside me and I told him how worried we are about his "O" level and how much we are investing in him. I also tell him that he has improved but need to work harder as his performance is still weak. He must be tired of us nagging him and we are all stressed - daddy, mummy and boy boy (the Singaporean way of calling a son). I can see that he is working very hard at his desk after the talk.
B1 has to do overtime as it is month-end. Although I planned to send my bikes for repair, I decided to postpone the repairs and go to pick him up instead. I armed myself with a book and bought a teh halia at the food court while waiting for him. The Hard Truths is interesting reading and the format makes it easy and highly readable. On the way home, B1 talks about his boss being worried that "everyone" is leaving and asked if he is interested in hiring his cousin. We also talk about how daddy and mummy has helped him to get a better job and start at a different level from his classmates and peers. I know there are other fathers who are at a much higher level than me and can see farther. Still I want him to appreciate his temp job and our support.

No comments: