Monday, January 24, 2011

Roswell, Georgia

USA - a long long way. 17 hours to LA then another 5 hours to Roswell. My original transit time was more than 6 hours. Luckily, I managed to get an earlier flight out after I clear immigration. So instead of arriving 6am Monday morning, I arrived 12 midnight. The drive from Atlanta to Roswell is one hour with no traffic. It is nice to drive in the middle of the night! I am glad I managed to switch to the earlier flight. Otherwise I will be fighting Monday morning rush hour.
I tried to nap but not successful. So I am up writing my blog.
I am starving. I had two warm chocolate chips cookies when I checked in. Yes, this is a nice warm welcome from the hotel. I first experience this hotel in San Diego and like it so much (with my sweet tooth!). I am glad the hotel in Roswell is converted to this chain as well. It was something different and every since our San Diego office was closed I did not get a chance to eat this warm chocolate chips cookies again until tonight. So things does go in a circle. San Diego office has been closed for maybe 7 years now. I loved the city. It is a great place to live and visit. I like the architecture and the weather. The food is ... as the Aussies put it, beautiful. Anyway, Roswell is a nice small town outside Atlanta.
The next few days are jammed packed with food and plenty of coffee to fight jetlag. My brain will go on overdrive with all the meetings. I hope I do not gain too much weight. My past records are no good as I loved American food deep fried everything, meats and giant portions. The motherland of extremely sweet Krispy Kreme donuts.

No comments: