Friday, December 10, 2010

Re-living Canadian Lifestyle

My wife decided to give our maid a special holiday paying for her trip to go home. She was worried about her mum and so as a caring and compassionate employer, my wife gave out this incentive. We have to do our household chores ourselves. We have to cook, set the table, wash up the dishes and clear the rubbish ourselves. As we perform the chores, I said this remind me of living in Canada. My wife laugh aloud. She said she was thinking of the same thing.
It has been such a long time! We talked as we performs housekeeping. Actually, it is quite good relationship building. Usually, after dinner we will each go our own ways. She will be watching TV programmes and I will be working. Doing domestic chores mean we have conversations as we worked. We share observations on our boys, our family and talk in a calm manner. It is not gossips nor dramatic conversations we usually have. I realise it is excellent bonding exercise. So in Singapore we do not get many opportunities to do this kind of bonding. My boys learn to help out albeit only a wee bit compared to what they would need to do if we are living in Canada. I think they are totally spoilt and pampered where everything is catered for them.

No comments: