Thursday, December 09, 2010

The Orange Revolution

A new book and quite interesting reading. I found this book in Bandi and Lunis. Actually, it is widely available in Singapore as I found it in the bookshelves after I returned.
One Great Team can transform an Entire Organization. As I read, I have this dream, this daydream that my team will transform my company. It is as enjoyable as reading a story, a fairy tale. The book is filled with wonderful examples - Pepsico, Zappo.com and a few other American companies. It is quite fun reading. As I read, I thought I have to acquire the earlier books published by the authors.
Like all fairy tales, it will have to come to an end. The book may end with a happily ever after. I will have to come back to the reality of the real world. The world where mindsets and behaviours are hardwired and impossible to change, where numerous policies tell you what you cannot do, and... I really love this... it is called certified financial instructions and it consists of 4 thick files 6 inches in width. And that was five years ago! It is probably 7 files by now and just reading it will take a couple of months:)
Guess what? Christmas is coming. Let's be merry and celebrate. Celebrate a good year and celebrate a year of peace, celebrate life.

No comments: