Tuesday, December 28, 2010

New School

School is starting next week. We managed to transfer B3 to a new school in Toa Payoh. B3 was studying in Fernvale Primary. It was very convenient as it is only 10 mins walk from our home. We were very happy with Fernvale when B2 was transferred when we moved to our current home. The Principal, Mdm Kwok was a MBWA (or management by walking about) leader. We always see her in the morning greeting and checking on the kids as they enters the school. We can chat with her any time as she is very open and approachable. Since Mdm Kwok left, the school is closed up. The barrier to entry has been set to an impossible level. I think sending my son to a military camp may not be half as bad. Parents are treated like criminals trying to enter the school. I do understand and believed the safety of our kids are paramount. However, it is so painful to do any legitimate things or gain access to our boy when he is in school.
Yes, the school claims it is very easy. We can call. Try calling and you will find that you will be waiting desperately. I know I am whining and complaining. I am glad we have close one chapter and open a new chapter in the new year. I hope B3 do well in his mum's alma mater. He now has to wake up at 5:30am instead of 7am when the school starts. It is the price we are willing to pay.

No comments: