Friday, November 12, 2010

Fish Yield Drops in SEA

Overfishing has reduced the catch of fishermen. It is a matter of time we will run out of fish if the unscrupulous continue to do bottom fishing destroying the corals reefs and other habitats of fishes. It is a worrying report. I do not like to eat fish, so will not miss it. But my boys loved fish. Only the B3 share my "love" for fish. Fresh fish is quite nice and not fishy in taste. I dislike fish taste. I used to vomit when my mum fed me with codliver oil. So since young, no fish for me.
If the governments in South East Asia or SEA do not do something to regulate fishing, the fish industry will be destroy. We need to adopt similar measure like Canada when the cod fish yield collapse. So fishing become illegal to let the fish population recover. Today, the cod fish is thriving again. If catching fish is regulated where destructive methods are illegal and limits to catch pulled from the sea, then the fish will have a chance to recover. Fishing needs to be done at a sustainable level.

No comments: