Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Excellent Yong Tau Foo in Penang

I was in Penang yesterday to meet my customer and give an award to his top performer for our products. His daughter and his partner's son has joined the business. He has great growth in his business as China is booming. We had an excellent Chinese dinner unfortunately for me no pork!
Today, we met another customer in Kulim Industrial Park. The customer is enormous! There are 4 completed factory and factory 5 will be commissioned on Dec 15 and factory 6 on March 15 next year. The factory ground is more than 2 km long!
Being a foodie, the best part of the trip was lunch after we finished work. I survey all the available choices as usual. There were plenty of rice with all the vegetable and meat dishes. One Nasi Lemak(coconut rice) and Yong Tau Foo, Penang-style. I made my choice on yong tau food and in the minute that I was gone to survey other stalls, the queue moved from 3 persons to more than 10 persons long. It is a popular store! Luckily, while I was still deciding whether to queue as I hate queuing up for anything she stand in line. In another 10 secs, the queue become 20 long!!! So it is a famous and popular store. I am alright to queue when there are more than 10 persons behind.
We ordered our choices from the menu of 20 or more items. The noodle was crunchy and has light taste. The fried crispy crunchy beancurd skin was bursting with flavour when I bite into it. Fishball is not as good as our Singapore version. I do like all the other items like brinjal, green chilli, fried wanton, and fried prawn roll. The meal is low cost too RM17 for two. Tea in a coffee shop cost RM1 per cup. I want to retire in Penang. My dollar will stretch further.

No comments: