Sunday, October 03, 2010

Sembawang Shopping Mall

This mall has been acquired by CapitaMall Trust. It used to belong to a family who was upgrading the shopping centre and conducting business at the same time. Now it is much bigger with more car parks. There is a free bus as well. This mall seems busy but the food court and resturants are quite empty. I am a little surprised. We ate in New York New York resturant for lunch and there are only two other tables occupied. It is so unlike the NYNY in AMK Hub.

Starbucks is doing much better with customers studying or surfing the net with their laptops. It's been a long time since I was here. I used to frequent this mall for lunch as my office was three mins away in Yishun Ave 7. The trouble with progress is constant change. So I am back, it is so different that it is quite jarring. It is hard on the memories as I recall the old carpark and the traffic flow. Now, it is so different that I felt quite strange. Same name some familiarity but quite different in character. I wish some thing could stay the same in Singapore. Then I can revisit and relive my memories.

No comments: