Monday, September 27, 2010

Memories of India Trip

Last night, I did not write as I was flying out in the evening. Travelling to India is alway late. I have no idea why the flights to India usually land near to midnight local time. I have vivid memories of my first trip to India. In fact it is the first time I flew out of Singapore. I did not fly until I am working. Then in two years after my first flight, I have circle the globe visiting both America and Europe. I had plenty of stories to share during our idle time in the Reservist training aka In-Camp Training.

Anyway, back to my first impression of India. Something I could never forget is the cutting of grass in garden in the hotel. It is an amazing to see three men pulling a lawnmover and one man guiding it. Machine totally powered by man! It is also the first time I see a squirrel and the sparrows looks different too. I remember buying an Aerogramme and writing letters back to my office. Aerogramme is the cheapest form of sending letters during that time. It is a pre-cut blue paper which postage is pre-paid and you can write all you want on the paper but no enclosure allowed. This aerogramme can be mailed to anywhere in the world.

Now I am in Mumbai. The place is bustling with people and activities. It seems like the place is forever under contruction and always dusty. I must say staying in a hotel in a newly developed area is way better than the hotel right beside the airport. It has plenty of green and the hotel is so much more inhabitable.

No comments: