Saturday, September 18, 2010

Bird Park

Nowadays, there are so many varieties of birds in my neighbourhood that I feel I am living in a bird park except there are no bill board to describe the sights and sounds of the different birds. The variety of birds calls in the morning has increased. It is also interesting to sight birds I have never seen flying around wild all my life growing up in Singapore such as woodpecker, hummingbird, parrots, sunbirds, Philippine starling, black naped oriole, Richards pipits, barn swallows and a couple others which I cannot find in my "A Guide to Common Birds of Singapore". This booklet is published by Science Center and BP.

Growing up, the few birds I typically encountered are common sparrows, mynahs and crows. The recent profusion in different varieties of birds coincide with the opening of SengKang Gardens and the Park Connector Network.

NParks is bringing nature to my home.

No comments: