Friday, July 02, 2010

Thoughts on Sydney

At dinner, my colleague mentioned that the girls in Sydney are good-looking. I actually made the same remark earlier to another colleague. Our white Australian colleague says her husband worked in George Street and his colleagues when stressed would go down from the office to feast their eyes on the all beautiful women to de-stress. She is alright with her husband ogling at other women. Her rules are simple: You can look at the menu but you cannot order. Or you can whet your appetite but you must eat at home.

I think the food and the weather makes the women in Australia attractive. The Chinese and other Asian girls are bigger built and heavier.

The weather down under is also freaky. Record cold shows that Australia is suffering the effects of global warming. My boss used the record cold to argue against me that the earth is not warming. However, my understanding is global warming is causing more extreme weather patterns.

I had a great time with all my colleagues. We had dinner together every nights. So I start my day early and ends very late. We had great food. Last night, we ate in New Shanghai Resturant in Chatworth. It is like a mini-Chinatown. There are plenty of Chinese resturants and grocery stores. Also there are good street foods. I was also busy talking and so not have as detailed an experience as I would have if I am alone.

One thing for sure, my colleague from Taiwan is just amazing. She seems to know a lot of people as we walked to the resturant. She is like Mayor of the Chatworth!

No comments: