Friday, July 02, 2010

Pampered by SQ232 Cabin Crews

It is a routine flight back home. After a long week of endless meetings, I am ready to go home. There is a new movie on the flight. It is Clash of the Titans. Unfortunately, the video system crashed and there is no video or audio. Even the reading light is not working. It was terrible. I cannot read nor have some distraction.

Luckily, the cabin crews come to my rescue. I was standing right at the exit door reading my book. The flight was full and every seat was occupied. IFS or In-flight supervisor offer his workstation for me. I know it is usually passengers are not allowed to take a crew's seat. However, this is unusual circumstances and I am glad Arthur put my needs in top priority allowing me to at least do some reading. The crews were attentive to my needs and make sure I am comfortable.

I am impressed by the team as they flexed the rules a little to accomodate to the needs of passengers like me. They still continue to service the cabin cheerfully. At the end of the day, it is still leadership. The IFS motivated his team to work at a high efficiency and effectiveness. He walks the talk even giving up his workstation.

What would have been an unpleasant experience due to machine failure turned into enjoyable flight due to the care and attention from the people at the frontline.

I shall name the individuals:

Arthur Low
Chen Hui Yi
Wenddy Goh
Adelene Lai
Chuah Eng Chiang

Wenddy and Hui Yi go the extra mile. It is crews like them make the in-flight service legendary. My kudos to them.

Thanks for a pleasant flight.

No comments: