Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Most Expensive Durian

Yesterday, I ate the most expensive durian I ever bought. It is a gift to my father-in-law for Father's Day. My father-in-law is a vegetarian. So food gift choices are quite limited. All confectionery must be certified. No sweetmeat or seafood. Mushrooms are for mother-in-law. So our choice narrows down to fruits. The "Cat Mountain" durian at $16 per kg. The durian the vendor selected weighs 2.6kg. He round down the price to $40. It is the first time for me to pay this kind of price for a premium durian. The most expensive durians I bought for myself and family is 3fruits for $20.

The durian is creamy and seed is small. However, I can't taste the reason why this durian command such premium. Obviously, my tastebuds are not refined enough to tell the difference. Yes, I will wait for the price to drop before enjoying my durian treat. I prefer value for money.

No comments: